Monday 20 September 2010

3D Spatial

As I've always done Fine Art, I was looking forward to try out something different in the 3D spatial rotation. However, I soon changed my mind as it turned out that I was not at all good at it!
On day 1 we were split into groups and made an installation with string and objects we had brought in to represent 'Where I am Coming From', and then drew from them:
On day 2 we did the same sort of thing but made our installations outside:


 When it came down to working alone and trying to form models based on shapes from drawings I had done on the Independent Study Day I found it extremely difficult. Thinking in 3D is so different to anything I have ever done and I got really frustrated as nothing was turning out the way I would have liked. I ended up having to use so much tape on them- and the tutors were not happy!
Here are a few of my models:





Something to walk through (not a building):
Something to support the body (not a chair):
Something to hold a small object (not a box):


I do not particularly like any of the work I produced during this rotation, and am almost certain that I am not going to pursue 3D/ Spatial!






No comments:

Post a Comment